CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

I own a side by side condo. The roof was recently redone and

Customer Question

I own a side by side condo. The roof was recently redone and we signed a contract in April to complete the roof. I paid $3400 in April and the owner of the other condo was suppose to pay the remaining 3400. She refuses to pay the roofer and he is demanding the #3400. Am I legally responsible for the remaining portion of the payment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn about this situation.

Unfortunately, as between you and the roofer - you owe the roofer for the remaining amount of money (you signed the contract agreeing to pay the money in exchange for the roof being completed).

However, you have a right of reimbursement against your neighbor. If they refuse to pay you can sue them in small claims court and get a judgment (which you can enforce with wage garnishment, bank levy, or a lien against their property (including their condo)).

But you do have to pay the roofer.