Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Could I file an Ejectment to get my sisters son removed from

Customer Question

Could I file an Ejectment to get my sisters son removed from her house. She had a stroke and in a nursing home paralyzed from the neck down. Instead of paying them her son is spending her money like crazy. Now DSHS is threating to take her home. If I can get him out of the home, I could rent it for the payments. I now have POA. And does having POA prevent me from representing her case in court? Can I file the Ejectment myself or should I pay for a lawyer? The home is located in Seattle WA, very tenant friendly city. Lots of laws in favor of the tenant. He's an at will tenant with now contract to pay rent.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law appeals and landlord-tenant law. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only. I’ve also been doing family law for 36 years, which is a long time.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

Regarding the power of attorney, is this a durable power of attorney? If it's not a durable power of attorney, is your sister mentally incapacitated -- does she know and understand what is going on? Is there something in the power of attorney documents that gives you the authority to act when she is mentally incapacitated? These are crucial questions that I need to ask so that I can answer your question.

I'm terribly sorry about your sister and her son is out of control. I know there is something that can be done but it depends what the POA says. Thanks!

Would you like to arrange a phone call? Would that be easier for you?

There are a few different options but I'd like to start with the POA first. Can you tell me anything about it and what it says?

Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hello; I see your prior expert opted out; did you still need assistance on the above? Please post here if so and I will do my best to assist you.