socallegalwork
socallegalwork, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and licensed real estate broker (and Certified Distressed Property Expert), specializing in real estate matters.
63833317

I have been having problems with a Real Estate Agent. She

Customer Question

I have been having problems with a Real Estate Agent. She did not represent me well. She has been very incooperative with my contract. I'm so frustrated right now. I can't hardly express myself. I have been asking her to send my contract for several days and she wanted until the last minute to return it back to me to sign. Well, I know I sign the contract on the correct line and it was sent to the attorneys, sellers agent incorrectly. So, Now my 7 day contingent period is over today. I feel like the Realtor purposely did this to me. What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I lost my earnest money, but I want to file a complaint against her. What else could I do to stop the process?
Expert:  socallegalwork replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I will try to assist you.

You can file a complaint with the Georgia Real Estate Commission and request they investigate. However, it may be more timely and advantageous to try and address the issue with the agents broker of record to see if you can resolve the matter.

If the deal is not salvageable, you can express your complaints to the agent's broker and try and resolve the matter- for example, perhaps they will agree to accept a reduced commission on a deal in the future that does close. If the deal is salvageable, bringing the negligence of the agent to the broker's immediate attention, might give them an opportunity to work with the other side to correct the issue.

Brokers do not like the prospect of professional malpractice lawsuits. Any complaint will affect their E&O insurance. Nor do they want the GREC investigating. I would go over the agent's head and speak to the managing broker at the company she works through.