Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Good Morming, My husband and I had placed our home on the

Customer Question

Good Morming,
My husband and I had placed our home on the market for sale May 2015.
We changed Real Estate agents in January after 8 months of not even 1 showing and as we have a higher end property decided to go with Sotheby's. The agent signed us up upon our first meeting to contract for a year and we were confident that this is maybe what we should have done in the first place.Well... it has been a nightmare of almost no follow-up... 3 months to get it listed on line..... all online listing showing incorrect information, no attachments except what she took from our old real estate dealer( which he is upset about. 8 months to finally get a video done... We had split the property to aid in the selling of it due to our rural location ..she still has acreage wrong, house specific information all wrong and due to our need to sell it quickly after it now being on the market for 16 plus months we are now fire selling the house at a 3/4 of a million dollar loss to avoid forclosure.
She has let all local listing expire ..which were listed wrong from the start but wonder what type of recourse we have. We feel that we were abandoned after she could not sell it in the first few weeks and we do not know where to go from here....Please give us your thought! Many thanks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this situation. I'm sure it is frustrating. What does your agreement with this new agent say regarding canceling? Based on this fact situation, and applying general terms in real estate contracts, it sounds as if she is breaching some covenants. Do you have a copy of it you can take a photo of and attach to this thread? I'd be happy to review it and see what your options are at this point.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have a copy but no way to send it to you. Please call me by phone thank you!

Phone calls are a premium service which are an additional charge. I'm unable to do a call at this time but I can opt out and allow another expert to assist you. There's a paperclip icon on the chat threat if you're using a laptop that will allow you to attach a photo. Please advise and I can opt out if you would still like a call. Thank you!