TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I think/pretty sure president of Master Assn (over 5 HOAs)

Customer Question

I think/pretty sure president of Master Assn (over 5 HOAs) violated Florida Sunshine Laws. What action can I take and how?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Q: I think/pretty sure president of Master Assn (over 5 HOAs) violated Florida Sunshine Laws. What action can I take and how?

A: There are a couple of different actions you can take. First, you can file a lawsuit against the president and the HOA for violating the law. A court can then order the president and HOA to comply with the law. The second action you can take is to make other homeowners aware of the violation, and get them to take action with you. If there is enough outrage, then you could not only pressure the president and HOA to comply with the law, but you could for a new election to have the president thrown out of office and replaced with somebody who will comply with the law.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You did not answer the most important part: Did this guy actually violate the Sunshine Law?. If he did not it would be foolish for me to do anything else other than to accept what he has done
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again.

I apologize, as I didn't see you ask about whether he violated the Sunshine Law, so I took it at face value when you wrote "I'm certain president of HOA violated Sunshine law." Sometimes customers get upset when we question such statements and read into their question more than they ask.

In any event, bear in mind that I don't have all of the facts in the situation. That said, I don't necessarily see a violation in what you wrote. Are you saying that the committee is meeting in private? What exactly is the violation in your opinion?

Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.