Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

How do i protest my property taxes ,i live in ill will

Customer Question

how do i protest my property taxes ,i live in ill will county
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Call here to get your appeal forms.

The appeal forms can be obtained by contacting the Will County Board of Review secretary at
(###) ###-####

Contact the State of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board:

SPRINGFIELD
Wm. G. Stratton Office Bldg.
401 South Spring, Room 402
Springfield, Illinois 62706
Telephone(###) ###-####br />Fax(###) ###-####br />TDD(###) ###-####/p>

DES PLAINES
Suburban North Office Facility
9511 W. Harrison St., Suite 171
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Telephone(###) ###-####br />Fax(###) ###-####br />TDD (847)

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Here is information about the appeal process

The appeal filing process for the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board begins the date the Board of Review Final Decisions are published and the deadline is thirty (30) days from the date of publication (the publication date may vary each year).

The Board of Review's responsibilities and duties regarding Property Tax Appeal Board appeals are as follows according to State Statute Sec. 1910.40:
Upon receipt of the completed petition from the contesting party, the Clerk of the Property Tax Appeal Board shall notify the Board of Review of the filing of the appeal. Upon notification of the appeal, the Board of Review shall submit its completed Board of Review Notes on Appeal disclosing the final assessment of the subject property. The Board of Review Notes on Appeal shall also reflect the application of a local township multiplier where applicable.

The Board of Review Notes on Appeal and all written and documentary evidence supporting the Board of Review's position must be submitted to the Property Tax Appeal Board within 30 days after the date and/or postmark of the notice of the filing of an appeal, unless the Board of Review objects to the jurisdiction of the Property Tax Appeal Board over the assessment appeal. The Clerk shall cause the Board of Review's evidence to become part of such appeal proceeding and record, and shall send a copy of the same to the contesting party or his attorney.

Call on Monday at the numbers above to get your appeal forms and you will be notified of when you appear with the board here,

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck here with your appeal.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

See pages 9 and 10 here about how to submit your evidence

http://www.willcountysoa.com/content/Docs/2016_BOR_Rules_Will_County.pdf