Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Calif my landlord I lived with him he never asked for rent I

Customer Question

Calif my landlord I lived with him he never asked for rent I cooked and purchased our food and cleaned and did all laundry and yard work for my 'rent his sister is making him make me move so she can get a conservator ship over him and then sell his property and move him to a home he has a writ of possession but agrees to me having more time but is afraid of his sister he encourages me to some how legally stop the process what can I file at this point he knows what's happening and doesn't want me to be homeless at this point do to cancer and did disability application hold up I'm with out any sizeable income to pay for even a room in the area we have low income housing crisis and I sick on and off doing chemo and treatment have been unable to maintain a regular job help me please buy some time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Of course he can force you to leave at any time because you do not have anything in writing such as a lease which would permit you to stay for a certain term. It could even be a long-term lease for say 5 to 10 years, and sister would have nothing to say about it. You would be bound to pay the rent to his guardian if a Guardian were appointed, but that's the worst case scenario. Therefore, be sure that your lease does not contain obligations that you cannot meet financially.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.