Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

What is my responsibility to honor a contract I had to walk

Customer Question

what is my responsibility to honor a contract I had to walk away from citing medical problems.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: let me give you some detail. On7/18/16 I signer a purchase order which was accepted. two days later I came down with thyroid and throat problems. I had to return to Tennessee where I was residing for tests and treatment. I notified the Broker and the loan officer that I could not honor the contract. There was never any earnest money put down, and as far as I know the seller was or was not notified of Buyers ability to get a loan. I never signed any loan papers. It has been almost 60 days since I signed the contract. I have not heard anything from either Broker or seller.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you provide me just a bit more information. Was this "purchase order" a contract to purchase real estate?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you respond to my request for additional information while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.