Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Want to know if there is case-based legal precedence already

Customer Question

Want to know if there is case-based legal precedence already established by the Texas courts for being able to sell property that you have paid taxes on for decades and that public records show you are the owner, even though legal property searches show other claimants from years past that have not paid any taxes in decades?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: The statement I wrote identifies Texas as the State.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: When I received property from my mother's estate my lawyer filed a warranty deed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, I am unclear about your question.

You state that you are the record owner of the property, and that you've paid taxes on the property. Who, then, are the "other claimants from years past"?

Thank you.

Expert:  glenn-cssm replied 2 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( http://www.justanswer.com/real-estate-law/9x1oq-want-know-case-based-legal-precedence-already.html ).
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Are you still seeking an answer to your question?