Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Involved in a lawsuit with the city regarding a home we own,

Customer Question

hello. involved in a lawsuit with the city regarding a home we own, permits, biolding plans. any one you know who would be willing to take this on? Can you make a recommendation
JA: I am Pearl, the Real Estate Lawyer's Assistant. Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Monrovia california
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not on ourside. we asked for extension but they denied it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: deadline is sept 16
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular attorney; but this link may help you find the lawyer you need.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm in a lawsuit with the city of Monrovia. They want us to do demolition on major areas because they ant find the building permits to the house from 30 years ago. They have put liens on our house. We have till sept 16 to comply. We filed for bankruptcy. Do u take up lawsuits against the city or can u help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Il not satisfied and I don't want to be charged for this. This is the third time this website has sent me somewhere else. I still have no attorney or answers. I'm just going to go to the yellow pages
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Please see answer above. If you filed for BK, then you need to serve a copy of the first few pages that indicate proof of filing on the court and the other lawyers/parties involved so the case is stayed. They will need to then apply to the BK court to lift the stay. If you do this ASAP, then even the hearing for the 16th should be cancelled.