How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a house. I finished paying it off from some money

Customer Question

I bought a house. I finished paying it off from some money from my dads death and my boyfriend and his mother took it away from me. It is sill in my name. I need help
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes to fema
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I my mother and my sister dad killed my dad and my mom took me and hid me away from my dads family and my mom and her boyfriend took all but a little bit of my money from my dads death I need help I am alone
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

If you are the owner of record on the property - you can evict the individuals occupying your property using a "Forcible Entry and Detainer" action (an eviction action).

See: (You may want to retain a lawyer for this simply because of your relationship with the individuals in question - but it is not required).

You can also sue them for money damages related to the other issues, however, the details of your case are very unique and you are going to benefit from a local attorney's formal advice and opinion regarding what specific claims can be brought and how best to pursue them.

Related Real Estate Law Questions