Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

My Lanlord broke my lease. How much do I sue for in small

Customer Question

My Lanlord broke my lease. How much do I sue for in small claims?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi Alisha. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? What did your landlord do to break the lease? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a one year lease on a house until Dec 31. He wanted to put someone below me in the bottom of my beach house. I told him no. He went ahead and moved a couple in there on my electricity and my water. I folowed up with the Galveston County permit office because he claimed they inspected it and where bringing a electrical box for electricity. The Flood Engineer told me because the house flooded during Hurricane Ike no one could live under 12 ft. Despite this he still moved these people in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for following up. You will be entitled to all your damages, including cost of moving, a full refund of your deposit, and any temporary room and board costs while finding your new place, any increased utility costs of electricity and water due to the other tenant being on your account. Plus any other costs plus any costs of re-leasing.