Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Next door neighbor committed rape and brutal assault of a

Customer Question

Next door neighbor committed rape and brutal assault of a woman who doesn't live in building. I heard the woman's cries and was interviewed by police & detectives , but as far as I know, they haven't arrested him yet. He is not on the lease but management refuses to deactivate his access key into building. Said they can't change locks for 15 days. I sent many complaints about him previously (regarding 24/7 pot smoking) and was told he would be evicted, but he never was. Their inaction led to this happening next door to me. I now feel very unsafe in building since they are allowing him to enter. Do I have any legal recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

If criminal activity is occurring in your rental community that is a reason for you to be able to terminate the lease. Where in Maryland is the building located?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Account # 96323505 and Order ID# *****

Account # 96323505 and Order ID# *****

I don't know what that means?

I asked Where in Maryland is the building located?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry. I can't see your responses because the site is giving me a payment error, although my payment info is correct. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Thank you for letting me know.