How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I'm about to be cheated again by a construction

Customer Question

i think I'm about to be cheated again by a construction company that may be going bankrupt before he completes a job that is in a signed contract. I want to know how to put a lien on the house they've built and are having difficulty selling.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state I want to state that I'm almost 80 years old and I hope there are some places that I can go for senior citizen help
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I've complained to my city hall and they say, "Yes, we know all about him and his company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They bought a piece of property next door to me, and the contract was that they were to move my sprinkler system to my side of the property, In the process they broke the sprinkler system three months ago and I have faucets in the house not running in the house because of the sand that got into the system and one tub faucet is RUNNING (not dripping) for three months now, running up my water bill. The system broken is in pieces in my front lawn, plants dead because of no water. I can't get any action. I think they are going bankrupt and I want to lien before they do. This is just ONE of the serious contract violations. Thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Have you sued them in court and gotten a judgment against them for your damages?


Have you gotten estimates from contractors for the cost of making repairs?





Related Real Estate Law Questions