Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

How can I find a contingency lawyer? I live in Manchester,

Customer Question

How can I find a contingency lawyer? I live in Manchester, NH, and I'm disabled. I receive only $750 a month from Social Security. I have a homeowner's policy with State Farm for my condo apartment. I had to open a claim when my building's sewer pipes failed and contaminated sewage backed up into my Unit (and two of my neighbor's Units) 6 times! My Association's management company – Evergreen Management – did not solve the sewage problem quickly, and my State Farm claims adjuster has been paying for my hotel room for almost 3 months so far. The claims adjuster must be new, untrained, and/or ignorant, because he has been slow to react, doesn't return my calls, and has cost State Farm thousands of dollars to keep me in the hotel. Evergreen Management, too, doesn't return my calls, and the flooring company they told me to talk to have not yet put clean flooring back in my Unit. My toilet is disconnected and sitting my bathtub, and I have no bathroom sink. State Farm is going to raise my rates or drop me, but it's my claim's adjuster fault, not me. I need help. Than you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If you think that it is the insurance agent's fault, then you may need to hire an insurance bad faith attorney. Try this link to help you get started. Bad faith lawyer usually take the case on a contingency fee basis of 33% to 45% depending on whether the case settles or goes to trial.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.