Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I recently signed a lease and moved into a house, before I

Customer Question

I recently signed a lease and moved into a house, before I decided to rent the house, I asked the real estate agent if the people living upstairs work and how many people are living upstairs. The real estate agent told me that there were 2 people living upstairs and that they were working people. After moving into the house, we noticed that the people upstairs were up late nights and playing the TV and radio all night long. I spoke to one of the people who live upstairs and I asked her if she could turn down the volume on her Tv because we have to go to work at 4:00am and she stated that she has to watch her show a that she nor her 2 roommates work. We signed a one year lease and paid $6000.00 only to find out that we have been lied to. We called the real estate agent and he hung up the phone on us. What options do we have and is it possible to get out of this lease and have our agent fees and security deposit money returned.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!