Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

According to my survey the house behind me was built on my

Customer Question

according to my survey the house behind me was built on my property and the owners b4 these planted a tree and next storm its going to fall on me and kill me if I'm in the kitchen or bedroom asleep. I tried to talk to the people about cut the tree or trim they refuse to do anything. so I called Jefferson cty they said I haqd to get an atty to write a letter to them saying I wld chg rent if they didn't work with me caqn u help me and how much u chgTheresa burnett
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is the tree on your property as well as the neighboring home?

2. Is the entire house on your property or only part of it?

3. How long has the other house been there?

4. Is the tree you are referring to dead or nearly dead?

Thanks in advance,

Doug