How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Tennessee and Have a possible case in Indiana. My

Customer Question

I live in Tennessee and Have a possible case in Indiana. My sister sold a farm in Indiana in 2003. The contract was written for 10 yearly payments and a baloon payment. The buyer found out she had forgotten about the sale because of failing memory. He contacted her and convinced to sign over the deed for payment of $1.00. I am convinced that he did not get his paper signed legally due to the fact that a notary from Indiana notarized the signature as if she was in Indiana. I know for a fact she did not appear in Indiana. I am looking for an attorney that can handle the case. I can come to Indiana to discuss the circumstances of the case when needed. Also I have Power of Attorney for my sister. She is currently in memory care near my home. Are you interested?
JA: No. I'm the Real Estate Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: I'm Sorry, I thought I was chatting with an Expert, Real Estate Lawyer.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The real estate is in Indiana. My sister lived in Florida at the time she signed the document in question. She is currently in Tennessee in my care.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Nothing has been done to this point. I just recently discovered the land contract papers in her records and drove to Indiana to pull the information from the recorders office.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sale was for a farm of 160 acres.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Don,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

We are not a law firm. I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

Is there something else that I can assist you with? Do you need specific information of any kind?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry I thought I was talking to an attorney's assistant. Looks like I paid for nothing!!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I am an attorney.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

You were previously conversing with a computer. But I am a licensed attorney and willing to help answer your questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am quite aware that I have to have an attorney in Indiana handle my needs.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will find other ways to find an attorney. Thank You.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I can provide you a list of appropriate attorneys in IN if you would like. I will need to know the name of the city/county where the property is located though.