Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a home that sits along a "private" road that ends

Customer Question

i have a home that sits along a "private" road that ends above us at a home. if this road sits along my property line and they have gated it off with a post that sits on my property is he allowed in North Carolina to gate it off and not let me access my upper driveway unless i drive through my back yard. This also hampers service calls and deliveries to our main "side door" as we do not use a front door.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: unknown as the owner of the home above refuses to talk to me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the post of his gated line is posted into my property i would be able to make my own drive along his access road if that were not there
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Problems with neighbors can be exceedingly frustrating; can you please tell me if there is an easement on this property(it is generally in the title history, on the deed, etc)?