Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

I assumed the loan note from the USDA for my mother home. I

Customer Question

I assumed the loan note from the USDA for my mother home. I been living and paying lamonte note and utilities for 6 years, since my mother death. Now the other heirs wish to sell the home. Do I have any rights as the occupant and co- owner of the property?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
The short answer is that one co owner can not force another to sell the property without an agreement or court order.
In other words, if the other owners can not agree, then any of the owners can file in the court to partition the property and force a sale by order of the court.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
The possible outcomes are that the court orders the property sold to a third party and the net proceeds split or the court can allow you to buy out the interests of the others.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
You may also recover reimbursement for carrying the expenses of the property formeveryone else, as well.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me.
A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.