John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.

I lost my home due to a tax auction is there any way that

Customer Question

I lost my home due to a tax auction is there any way that tax sale can be reversed, I was a displaced autoworker when I lost the property and I still reside there. Can the sale be overturned by my local tax tribunal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

The only way to "overturn" the sale would be to redeem it with the buyer of the tax sale. MCL(###) ###-#### In short you have 6 months to pay the buyer the full price they paid at the auction for the property. Only then can you reclaim title to the property. There is no other mechanism under Michigan law to overturn a sale absent litigating the legitimacy of the foreclosure - e.g., that you in fact should not have been foreclosed on for some reason or the foreclosure procedure was somehow flawed. State or local tax tribunals do not have a say in the matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.