Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

In the state of Louisiana, if restrictions are placed on a

Customer Question

In the state of Louisiana, if restrictions are placed on a subdivided piece of property or a small subdivision of 4 lots and are not renewed or amended, how long can they stay in effect.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JUST ANSWER. Deed restrictions, like diamonds, can be forever. Unless they expire by their own language, or are only for a specific time, they can only be removed by 1) court order pursuant to a judgment in a lawsuit; 2) by written agreement which is signed by every deed holder who is part of the subdivision, and who is also subject to the same restriction. That would be the owners of the three other lots in your subdivision. This is generally true; however there may be slight variations under Louisiana law.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.