How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2103
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have resided with my girlfriend for 3 months in the state

Customer Question

I have resided with my girlfriend for 3 months in the state of Michigan. I did not sign the lease but have paid rent here. Can I be forced out of the house with no eviction?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

They are required under Michigan law to give you 30 days notice under the month to month tenancy.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Related Real Estate Law Questions