RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I leased a Buick La Crosse vehicle with 10k miles/ year. I

Customer Question

Hi, I leased a Buick La Crosse vehicle with 10k miles/ year. I put a total of 23 k miles in my 3 years of my lease. I turned the car in June 30, 2016. I do have paperwork that reflects this. The lease person at the dealership looked at my car and said it was very good. I don't have anything in writing saying that. I was repeatedly billed two months for lease payments and actually for a 3rd month because the dealership never had the bank come and inspect and take the car. Next I received a letter last week stating excessive wear and tear on this vehicle in the amount of $1,400. The date the bank finally sent someone to look and pick up this vehicle was Aug 3, 2016. I was still 5-6k total miles under my 10k miles alotted a year. I had the car detailed two days before I turned it in and took excellent car of that car. What can I do?
Desi ***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Good evening. When you turned it in, did you get anything in writing, to show when it was left at the dealer? Did they itemize for you the wear and tear which they billed for?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to the date it was turned in, No, I did not get anything such as excess wear or anything. He basically looked and my car inside and out and said, yes your car looks great and should not have any problem. I did sign several sheets of paperwork that I do not have but can request?
Then he had a piece of paper stating, Hoehn Buick GMC Cadillac Lease Return ((at top)
It had my name, date of return 06-30-16, my phone number, make, model year. It had 26,866 mile and check off for registration, keys, signed ODO statement, signed return docs and the car manual. Received by Adam McKey.
I was 7600 miles under my alotte 30k. When I leased it it had 4,500 miles on it at the time then add 30,000 for the three years is 34,500. I brought it back with 26,866. Telling you so you know these numbers.

The vehicle does have to have a final inspection, so even though you dropped it off and they said it looked great, the bank has to inspect it. Now, you can certainly object and respond to their claim of $1400 and ask for an itemized bill and break down of the fees and charges which they are assessing. Moreover, if you have a document from the dealer showing when the vehicle was turned in and the lease ended the same month, you should not have to pay anything going forward, as the failure to contact the bank, was the dealers fault and you turned in the vehicle according to the requirements of the bank

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know this, I have ask for a Itemized statement of my bill and any and all photographs so I may see what they consider excessive. I will contact you when I get this info to ask you for help. I believe that gap is what will save me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ill talk to you in 10 days when I have everything ok
Sounds great. Just let me know