Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I received a letter in the mail stating I have a shortage of

Customer Question

I received a letter in the mail stating I have a shortage of escrow of about $3600. Now as of 10/1/16 my mortgage payment is almost double. It went from $540 to $930 a month... Can someone please help me. I have an 1120 square ft. house. How in the heck is this possible?? I am 14 years into my 30 year mortgage. Someone made a mistake. Please help me, and I can give you any info I have.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did they send you a notice stating that the escrow was short and you had two options...either pay it in full by a certain date or they would break it up and add it to your payment until paid over time?

.

Have property values been rising in your area?

.

Do they escrow out for your insurance and taxes?

.

.

thanks