How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7156
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I allowed a couple to move into my house and they have

Customer Question

I allowed a young couple to move into my house and they have become threatening and abusive. I can't give them 30 days notice, I am very afraid of them.
They threaten me and have put their hands on me.
I have no where to go with my dogs.
I want them out of my house.
The police won't help.
If I move out they will destroy my house.
Classic case of no good deed goes unpunished.
I am very frightened for my safety.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

We only provide legal information at this website, but it appears that you need personal protection which may be purchased from a private security service. In the meantime file for an immediate eviction and allege that an emergency exists. Courts usually will cut the notice time down on something like that; however, it depends on the city that you are in and the local judge. At the very least though get professional protection, and that might be enough to solve the problem. I hope so. No one should have to do put up with what you have described here.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions