Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My aunt use to give me money to pay the home taxes but since

Customer Question

hi my aunt use to give me money to pay the home taxes but since she died taxes have not be paid. she put 2 persons on the deed but none have done anything to pay for the taxes. we had already warns them varies times that the county is going take their house away, the house is fully paid years ago. according to tax information they would put the house for auction in october 2017. what advice should you give us. is there a law if someone comes in and pays the taxes for 5 years they can come and acquired the property or it is not legally true.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Have you gotten a notice from the taxing authority that they will be foreclosing on the property for the taxes?

.

Is it possible for you to buy the house out from aunt's estate and the other 2 owners so it doesn't get sold?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its in california. i do not know , i just know that it will go for auction in oct 2017. that what i don't want to do, because then they wont have anyplace to live and don't want them living w us. i was thinking that near auction time give them an option to maybe giving both party only maybe an amount and letting my sister in law living there until she dies and they have sign a quick claim deed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i dont want the free trail i just wanted a quick answer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i just cancelling out i just going to a lawyer

Were you still looking for help or did you change your mind? . This isn't an instant process as I have to read, think about, and research your questions before I provide an answer...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed my mind

No worries, you can just contact JustAnswer customer service and request a refund of your deposit and they will happily provide it, no questions asked..

.

Have a great day!