Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My husband passed away & all property is jointly owned.

Customer Question

My husband passed away & all property is jointly owned. Please give me an example of how to fill out the Affidavit - Death of Joint Tenant
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: San Bernardino County,Ca.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I only have the Assessors office to complete. House & property insurance done.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you asking for the form, or what to write in each of the blank spaces on the form? One is easy to accommodate you with---the other quite complex and difficult.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the form but don't understand some of the terms as written. What do I write in each space.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I can't possibly sit here with you for hours going through each blank on the form. I can however assist you over the phone.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I only provide his assets of 50% of the total since all is joint ownership
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what form you are looking at. This is what the form should look like:

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

What are you talking about----only provide his assets of 50%?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need my assistance?