Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

I had a loan with Carmel Financial. The company put a lien

Customer Question

I had a loan with Carmel Financial. The company put a lien against my house title. I paid it off but between the time the company processed the payment and the removal of the lien the company went out of business. All of the accounts with a value over $100 was sold to another company at that time because my loan had a $0.00 balance it was not transferred. I need to get my title cleared as I am trying to refinance my mortgage. The title division of the mortgage broker said I needed to pursue an injunctive relief. What do I have to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

In a situation like this, you would have to contact a local real estate attorney and have him file a "quiet title" action in the local court along with a motion to dissolve the lien so that the judge can issue an order to have the lien judicially dissolved.

This could take a couple weeks to get in front of a judge so the sooner you contact a local real estate attorney, the faster you can get this done.