Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

What recourse do I have?

Customer Question

What recourse do I have?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If they are actually entering your property then you would need to sue them for trespass. If they are just blocking the access then you can sue them for nuisance.

Either way, if you prevail, you are entitled to money damages.

I would start with a written demand on the district, such as a cease and desist letter.

If that does not stop the illegal behavior you will need to retain local counsel to proceed with a lawsuit against the district and other responsible parties.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Also, The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program: