Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I live in Oregon. my tenants have moved out and left dog pee

Customer Question

I live in Oregon. my tenants have moved out and left dog pee stains which have damaged the wood floor. I have had two experts on wood floors tell me that the damage can be repaired, but unless I sand and refinish the entire wood floor, it will not look the same. the damage is in two rooms, the office and dining room. The wood floors are throughout the downstairs of the home. Do I have recourse to the tenants to bill for the entire sand and refinish? Or do i only get to bill for the damage and prorate the refinish based on the last time it was refinished? I would not have refinished the entire floor right now if it was not damaged. It was refinished over 10 years ago, but looks good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good.

Hello again. I have not heard back from you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.