Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My mother passed away 25 years ago She had three children of

Customer Question

My mother passed away 25 years ago She had three children of which two of the three children are now deceased. Mother did leave a will naming all children as co-heirs of her estate which consisted of home that had no liens on the property. Now I am one third owner of this property. I want to buy them out of their share of the property. Between the two of the they had six children.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Please forgive me, Houston, Texas. The will was never probated.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No paperwork filed. I had a professional to give the value of the house. I won't have his results until next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There were back taxes owed and a lien was asserted to the property. I have paid all taxes due.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Whose name(s) is/are on the property? Your mother's still, or, the heirs?

2) Are all parties in agreement as to the buy out?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.