Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I am currently subletting partial space from a tenant that

Customer Question

I am currently subletting partial space from a tenant that was their prior to me and is still operating their business with the same space . All rents are paid to the tenant am I required to list that tenant on my liability insurance if they are not the owners of the property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. We may discuss the issues too. Let me know that sounds good!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that sounds good

My understanding from your question is that you are getting renters liability insurance, is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have commercial liability to cover my schools
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the tenant I am subletting from wants me to have them listed on my liability insurance but they operate a totally separate business from me within the space as well

Do the insurance papers give any requirements? In other words, does the insurance require you to list them?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no my broker stated that if they are not the owners of the property than im not required to list them as additionally insured

Agreed. There is no legal requirement to list them. If you would like further support, please let me know.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. Do you want to continue to discuss your question or are we complete? Please let me know. Thank you.