Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

PLEASE HELP! I live in a free standing condo community in

Customer Question

PLEASE HELP! I live in a free standing condo community in Galloway, Ohio (43119). Our HOA Board is out of control. Here are a few points:
* This board has been in "charge" for over 10 years (at least the President and his wife have) and invites only a few homeowners to the annual meetings. Some get cancellation notices, but never informed of this new date.
* The other members of the board consist of another married couple which are good friends with the Pres and his wife and another friend in the neighborhood.
* The President (although he has "violations" on his lot), will pick and choose homeowners (usually older single women) and actually show up at their door and verbally abuse them.
* We have now started a petition to have them removed, but the Pres is now going around to streets where he knows we have been and handing out violations for things as minor as a cooler sitting on a porch.
These are just a few of the childish behavior that we as homeowners have to tolerate. Please let me know what we can do.
Jenny Osborn
6175 Broad Stripes Ave.
Galloway, OH 43119 (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Jenny you may want to gather up some of your neighbors, obtain a local lawyer and sue here.You can sue the HOA for selective enforcement and acting outside their duties.They may also have violated the rules by such selective enforcement and you may seek damages for this.Also you can seek to remove the President as you are doing.

Overall there is no state regulation of HOAS no agency oversees them so they get sued a lot and loose a lot as well.The courts are your remedy here in Ohio.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I hope you will sue and seek some justice as well as removal of the President.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.