Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I need a copy of trespass to try title petition so I can my

Customer Question

I need a copy of trespass to try title petition so I can my file for a lawsuit in Harris County.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Texas, Harris County.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes if this would be the best way to quiet a cloud on the title..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Under Sec. 22.001 of the TX property code a trespass to try title action is the method of determining title to lands, tenements, or other real property. But, you may want to consider bringing an action under the TX declaratory judgment act since it is easier and provides for the possibility of legal fees. Some artful pleading may be required since Texas law states that a trespass to title action is supposedly the only method of resolving property disputes when questions of title exist.

Here is a sample DJA petition.

This is the closest form I could find online for an action to quiet title. It is from Florida.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.