Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a problem with my ex husband we buy a house before we

Customer Question

i have a problem with my ex husband we buy a house before we got divorce i give up the house with one condition if he could take my name out off the title of the house but he never did it i talk to him a few time and ask him to remove my name out off the title because i need it to buy a house but he still didn't do it he make me wait all this time for him to remove me out off the title now i think is not fair that he can remove me with out him giving me nothing back
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: my ex husband did send me some paper yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well my main question here is what possibility i have to fight for him to give me an indemnify for all this time i couldn't purchase my house
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, did your decree of divorce cover this (is there language in the divorce decree that requires him to refinance the home)?