Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Ki am trying to keep my 85 year old mother in her home. We

Customer Question

Ki am trying to keep my 85 year old mother in her home. We have a court date on 9 14 . We live in Providence RI. Here house was sold to bank of America and we did not know until.receiving tthe notice of eviction. What can we do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was there a foreclosure sale?

2. Has your mother been paying the mortgage on time?

3. Who sold the house to B of A?

4. Did your mother ever receive a Notice of Default mailed to her?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i get back to you in the morning im on my way to take care of her for the night. I have answers for all of your questions. Thank you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Yes, you can get back with me. I am on the west coast at the moment and so don't expect an early morning response for me if you are on the opposite coast.

Do consider the phone call. It is much more practical for complex issues like the one you are describing.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

You might consider taking my call when you are with her this evening---that might be a better way to deal with all the questions.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

Do you still need help?