Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I recently purchased a property, and it was the estate of a

Customer Question

I recently purchased a property, and it was the estate of a deceased lawyer, contract conveyed home in as is condition with contents etc, the executer of the will who was selling the home, stated that a tractor left on the property might be a neighbors but gave no other insight no one has come to inquire about it and it is just sitting right in the middle of land just a short distance out the door.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed with whom
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't understand the question, what am I suppose to do with this tractor, is it mine to do what I please with, do i need to file something, the executer doesn't know, they are not interested in anything to do with the property, sold as is contents, supplies and materials included. There is no key just to move I would have to alter the state of it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The obvious question what am I permitted to do with this, what I am required to do about it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't occupy the residence and hundreds of people saw this old tractor sitting out there, if I do in fact have ownership of it, I don't want it sitting out there where it will be stolen. I also don't want to start modify something if I do not have ownership of it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I certainly hope that you intend to reply with something other than I don't understand the question, I obviously am not paying for that and it is definitely a one star response

Sorry....I was called away. I will opt out and let someone else assist you