Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I have a tax loan. My house is paid for...... I am in

Customer Question

I have a tax loan. My house is paid for...... I am in foreclosure status I am being told that I must pay the legal fees which are $1488.00 before I can make an arrangement on the balance owed....... I only have a portion of the balance. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, they cannot waive the fees and penalties, even the director of revenue or the tax assessor cannot waive them. So all you can do is negotiate a payment plan to get some additional time to pay or try to get someone loan you the $1488 to get that paid off so you can deal with the bigger issue on the balance owed.