J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

Im trying to sell my house an investor is interested but the

Customer Question

Hello, Im trying to sell my house an investor is interested but the list of charger his included bring the price of my house extremely low and wondering what fees are required to pay ...the value of my house is 215000, but hes telling me that after all the fees his only able to pay me 160000. is that right
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: is a single family home in Austin Tx.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no, I been looking at other options.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no basically wanted to know if theirs a way to know when someone is been ripped off by a tricky buyer.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It is not up to the seller to conform their property to an investors desires. Your gut instinct is telling you all you need to know. Yes investors will attempt to hit a low ball price for real estate and usually will justify with what all they will have to pay in order for it to suit their needs. This is not illegal but also is no reason for a seller to think they should sell their house for under fair market value.

I have had an investor do the same thing to me, sent an offer then sent a list of things he would have to do to convert it to commercial use and wanted the costs to be taken from the asking price. I rejected the offer, his desired us or ideas of the property are not my burden. This is akin to a person having a desire to add on to a home and ask the seller to reduce the price in the amount an addition would cost.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).