Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Is there a document that I can have a tenant sign to relieve

Customer Question

Is there a document that I can have a tenant sign to relieve me of any liability from illness, injury, loss of wages, etc. as a result of living in a piece of property that I own?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Sure you can have a local lawyer draft a waiver and release that they must sign off on but, unfortunately, it is not necessarily going to keep them from filing. It might, but many judges will let them file anyway.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.