Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

We just purchased a home on a lake in north west ar. we were

Customer Question

we just purchased a home on a lake in north west ar. we were told by the owner the property went all the way to the waters edge. [lake front home] This weekend I found out it actually is owned by someone else and they are getting ready to build down in front of us. What we were under the impression that was our property.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

The legal remedy would be a lawsuit for rescission of the purchase contract. If you can prove that a material misrepresentation of fact was made in this transaction,which induced you to purchase the property, then the transaction may be fraudulent and subject to being rescinded by a court. You would receive your money back and the seller would get the property back. Obviously, this is a matter that will most likely require you to obtain an attorney.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.