Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

The HOA attys and I have signed and filed a Settlement

Customer Question

The HOA attys and I have signed and filed a Settlement Stipulation which states an agreement of scheduled payment (current plus) for my delinquent HOA dues. The Stip agreement ends on 9/2/21. The HOA board finds that I am not going to be in "good standing" until my last payment. Almost 6 years from now. The Board voted that any resident over 90 days delinquent will not being in good standing.
Do I have any relief? I made Settlement Stipulation under the assumption that as long as I stay on the payment schedule that I will be back to good standing.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, this is a very common situation in Florida and the only way to resolve the issue is to pay off the entire amount owed for the delinquency charges and any related fees, otherwise, I am afraid there would not be any legal recourse to reinstate the HOA member to good standing, until the entire settlement is paid off, unless the settlement agreement, explicitly states that if the payments are made according to the settlement agreement, that the HOA member would be considered in good standing.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your website stated that if I was not satisfied with your answer that I would not have to pay the balance of $31.00. Why was I charged?

Thank you for your follow up.

I do not handle any billing or customer service questions or issues, but you can properly address such concerns to JustAnswer.com Award Winning Customer Service:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I have provided you with correct and accurate answer.

What is the reason that you are not satisfied with my answer?

Are you upset that the Florida law does not favor your position?

Please clarify.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that is not the case. I am upset that the money was taken out without me having the option.

I do not have any access and do not deal with any billing questions / issues, as I am a legal professional and my activity on this website is limited to providing JustaAnswer.com customer with answers to customers' legal questions.

I do not get any type of compensation, until my answer is positively rated and accepted.

I understand how upset and frustrated you are with your situation with HOA and I wish I could truthfully provide you with more favorable answer, but unfortunately, I cannot change the law, I can just explain what it is.