Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Where is it on real estate contract that protects seller

Customer Question

where is it on real estate contract that protects seller from any repairs after closing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Every contract is different. There is no statutory law that addresses this, and it depends on the contract. Are you asking about a specific contract/situation? If so, can you upload a copy of the contract and tell me a little more about the matter?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i cant upload it it is basic real estate contract where buyer has sued us for repairs to ac unit because home warranty did not cover
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I am afraid I cannot comment on a contract that you cannot provide. What I can do is generalize about the doctrines that do apply and you can make your own conclusions based on that. Would that be acceptable?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i cant afford to pay any more dont have money i was told by neighbor that contracts in ga have right to seller not to be responsible after selling house looking at my contract it is in somewhere just dont know where
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
i was told by neighbor that contracts in ga have right to seller not to be responsible after selling house looking at my contract it is in somewhere just dont know where
Thank you for your reply. I am afraid that this is simply not true. Contracts differ - there is no "standard" contract for real estate, and while you may be talking about forms promulgated by the state's Realtor association, even they differ and much of it has to do with what is actually filled into the blanks.
Which takes us back to my prior question: I am afraid I cannot comment on a contract that you cannot provide. What I can do is generalize about the doctrines that do apply and you can make your own conclusions based on that. Would that be acceptable?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
U just charged me 40$ I thought it was only 5$
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

I did not charge you anything. The site did. Keep in mind I do not "work" for the site. Experts such as myself do not even have access to billing and do not know what you are charged. I believe that the site charges $5 for deposit, but the actual question costs more. You can straighten all this out by contacting customer service at www.justanswer.com/help - they are very friendly.

I recommend that you may wish to do this, and then get back to me when you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.