AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

A friend from Miami is moving up to Yulee, Fl. He has bought

Customer Question

A friend from Miami is moving up to Yulee, Fl. He has bought a lot and will build a home. He bought a 5th wheel camper and ask if he could park it on my property till he drilled a well and made a septic system then he would move it to his property. Its been three months now and as you know familiarity breeds contempt. They put up a tent for their golf cart and they have three Mercedes which I let them put one in a shed I have and they put up a car cover over the other one. They have just received permit for a well. and no move for a septic system. Can I give them a 30 day notice to move off my property.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Yes. Evicting a person in an RV is similar to a normal eviction proceeding. Since there is not anything in writing, it is a tenancy at will, but normally under a tenancy, there is rent due. You will give the notice and if he isn't moved by the time the notice is up, then you can start eviction proceedings.

Has that helped?

Can you let me know if I've answered your question? Also, you are free to ask follow up questions at no extra charge, so let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.