How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16476
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am selling my childcare center. It is fully operational. I

Customer Question

I am selling my childcare center. It is fully operational. I have the agreement of sale, the inspection was completed. The appraisal is being processed. The buyer wants me to give her all of the contents as well as the remaining children. She does not want to buy the business. The inspection report was brutal. However, A credit of $10,000 was deducted from sale price. My realtor told me that I did not have to complete all of the repairs that was listed because of the credit given. Should I have a real-estate attorney at closing? If so, how much should I have to pay to for him/her?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: The sale is in the state of Pennsylvania.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I am not sure of what you mean. We completed a agreement of sale. She has sent in a mortgage commitment letter from her bank. I am assuming the realtor is handing what ever else is necessary.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My realtor seems to feel that I do not have to comply with the repairs. I just want to know how responsible am I going to be since we only gave a $10,000 credit.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, it is extremely important for the seller of the business to hire and to be represented by an experienced local business law attorney, as realtors are not lawyers and only authorized to list the business for sale, but cannot assist with any legal issues or provide any type of legal advice.

It would be difficult to estimate what a local attorney's fees would be to represent you, as each attorney set his/her own rates, but generally, it would be a good idea to contact several business law attorneys, who can review your transaction and provide you with their rates and then you can choose the attorney based on who you like and also the rates that they offered you.

You can find an experienced and skilled local business law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to business law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions