Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

My neighbor has a century link phone line running through my

Customer Question

my neighbor has a century link phone line running through my back yard, for weeks what can i do? the Century link maintainer informed me when this was placed that it would only be a week now we 3weeks.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i want this line running through my back yard gone. how can i do this without paying anything. the neighbors do not communicate
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 8 months ago.

Did you sign anything to permit them to run this line through your yard? If you did, then removal of the line would be governed by the document you signed. Also, there is a chance a prior owner of your property granted this type of permission. If you know nothing was ever signed by you, or a prior owner, then your neighbor is trespassing by running this line through your yard. If this is the case, then generally you can give them a deadline to remove the line (perhaps 24-48 hours) and warn them if they fail to do so, then you will file a lawsuit against them for trespass. If you never granted permission for this trespass, then a claim against the neighbor should be successful. You are also likely within your rights to simply remove the line, but be careful here as if you cause any damage to equipment you could be liable.

I hope this is helpful. Please provide a rating so I receive credit for promptly responding to you. After rating, feel free to ask follow-up questions. Thanks!

Did you need further assistance on this? I never heard back from you. Please provide a rating so I receive credit for promptly responding to you. Thanks!