Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Selling my house was suppose to close today. but the buyer

Customer Question

selling my house was suppose to close today . but the buyer also selling there house and their buyer refusing to close now our agent was us to sign another for saying these buyer have request to move the crossing to nexr friday but no guarantee that they well come to the table.
Our contract called for us to be out off our house and hand them the keys at closing or pay $150.00 per fine. We did that we now have a lease on an single story apt a house being built and they expect money monday. Rent is due today and now we well have to continue mortgage payments and now we have double electric gas etc. do we have any options here we are the only injured party. This last minute dicision has some seriously financial repercussion to say the least.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Mary! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you tell me why the agent told you that you were not entitled to retain the earnest money? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
because it is not there fault
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Does the contract have a condition in it that their house has to sell for them to be obligated to buy your house?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

With no deadline?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
now that I'm not sure of but I call her on aug 12 th before getting the rental to make everything was fine and she assure me it was . the called for the pay off on my mortgage on aug 12th ai thought that was kind of a done deal at that but honest my agent clearly did not protect usin this deal at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Would it be possible for you to attach a copy of the contract so I can see what your options might be?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I can do without getting diconnected can I email it to you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can't communicate by email unless we shift to Premium Services which is an additional charge. But, you should be able to simply attach it to this thread. :)