Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I sold my property on California. county It was raw land. At

Customer Question

I sold my property on California. Butt countyIt was raw land. At the time i sold it. I had a water well that was put in 2004. The well was paid for in full. I did carry 20k on the note and still have the Deed. Which the new owner is making monthly payments on. I just received a 72 hour notice to Abate ordinance violations.No permitted water well connection to municipal water source.No municiple sewer system/ permitted sewege disposal systemParcel does not have a legal resesidence.These are three citations that I've never seen.
Totally new to me.What should i do . Can i get my property back if the new owner defaults on making this right with the county. Ive been through so much stuff already. ,???simple layman's terms W.T.F.THANKS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...not sure I understand. You sold the land on "contract"? Is that correct? Was this contract in writing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i sold it through a realtor remax it was a Standard
Sells contract. With a 10% commission for realtor. It went through escrow and the title company helped draft up a standard contract for me original owner to carry note for buyer who was 20k short of asking price @ 6% interest. For 4 years.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pls. Advise i have 24 hours left

sorry...24 hours for what??