Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

RE: Nuisance Neighbors. Ms. Sanderson and Mr. Sylvia seem to

Customer Question

RE: Nuisance Neighbors.
Ms. Susan Sanderson and Mr. Sylvia Young seem to be relatives and they are often together.
They built a new pier next to the motel pier several years ago. I was never notified, nor was it mentioned in a public hearing.
Their new pier interfered a lot with motel business. My customers no longer have as much freedom or privacy and their view, as well as their ability to fish, have been severely restricted. But no one gave me the opportunity to address any potential concerns before they construction their new pier.
They complain about anything and everything. They demand a building permit and Zoning whenever I work on the property. Susan Sanderson is always complaining about our walkway light. These light is turned off most of the time and there are only three 13 W light bulb for this walkway that leads to 10 room. I cannot change this because the Fire Marshal already cited me for inadequate walkway lighting in 2014
They are also always complaining about noisy customers who cannot even listen to the radio from the pier during day time.
The 10 pm customer curfew law resulted in the loss of a lot of customers. We must screen and select customers very carefully. They are very prejudiced.
There is a tree 20 feet in diameter located at the property line, whose roots damaged the motel foundation and sewer line. We spent thousands of dollars on repairs. When Hurricane Isabel hit this area in 2003, a branch from this tree fell onto motel roof causing a lot of damage. This tree is an Acorn tree. My wife was cancer patient could not sleep during night time. An Acorn was falling down to the roof when it was wind blow. Made a lot of noisy.
I requested permission to trim the tree at my cost to prevent this from happening.
They objected.
Another tree is very fast growing. Again I requested to trim it at my cost. Again they objected.
They proved who they are through their objection and protest letter to VMRC.
Susan Sanderson’s objection seem to have more authority than an Army Corp Engineer’s approval.
They have tried to destroy me and my business. Why? My skin color.
My customers pay over 10% tax to help them and for your salary.
I am very disturbed and confused by this unusual permit process.
• Abuse law and power to make my motel customer’s death trap.
• The government official collaborate with nuisance neighbor to destroy me and my business.
• Violated public hearing law, not public opinion but only target me.
This is the crime.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! I apologize for the delay, but it has been exceptionally busy tonight.

.

My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

You have posted a lot of information and allegations against the neighbors but I don't see what your actual legal question is?

.

Are you asking if you can cut the tree back if it is coming over on your property without permission from them?

.

Or if you have to do something about the walkway lights?

.

Or something else?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i improved with $300. requested permit i application to permit. public hearing public notice newspaper.
then send me my neighbor objection and protest letter. demand tear down guard rail support.
they violated public hearing law. how legal action against this government official and my neighbor.9/3/2014
Tony Watkinson
Chief Habitat Management
VMRC***** third floor.
Newport News, Virginia 23607Dear. Mr. Watkinson
Thank you for your time. I thought I need the Army Corp of Engineer’s approval. I thought this department has authority over any other department in the US. And I believed your department had not known their approval.
I am still confused because no one explaining the requirement to me.
I would like pursue a permit for five timber railing support arch on the pier.
They are too beautiful to tear down. All my customers praise them. I have to comply with Virginia law. “Customer’s Safety”
Which state, “Business owners have a legal responsibility to customers and other visiting their premise to maintain the property in a reasonably safe condition.”
Please consider granting me a permit. Your permit would be for my state and town.
Sincerely ***** Motel*****
Colonial Beach VA 22443
Attached
• 1, Nuisance neighbors
• 2, Westmoreland News Public notification.(Wait for public opinion)
• 3, Army Corp Engineer E-Mail.
• 4, Customer and Neighbor’s opinion for my pier.

Ok, I don't think we are communicating very well... I still don't see a legal question I can answer.... just comments and correspondence between you and someone else..

.

The way this works is the customer posts a legal question and then the expert answers the question...

.

.

thanks